SCF Libraries Closed.
Consultations available online, by phone (941-752-5305) and through the Ask a Librarian chat service.
Due to the Pandemic, in-person services at the Library will be limited to students & staff only, and following recommended distancing measures. Some services will continue to be unavailable (see below.)
Students & staff are required to wear a mask and respect distancing as posted in the buildings.
(Future hours or any changes will be reflected in our Locations & Hours page.)
SCF Students and Staff can visit the Library for the following purposes:
1. Using computers for curricular needs.
2. Printing / scanning for curricular or college needs.
3. Using study rooms (one person or small groups wearing PPE/following social distancing)
4. Picking up materials (books, DVDs and calculators.)
· Study spaces for recreational or social purposes.
· Browsing shelves (books, DVD, magazines).
· Please use the online search or Ask a Librarian to request items instead and you can pick up at the front desk.
· In-person research assistance or class presentations.
· Your librarians are providing ‘live’ online classes, workshops and one-on-one assistance.
All SCF Libraries' items loaned during Spring semester are due back now. All books loaned to SCF Collegiate School students are also due back.
Return items to the SCF Libraries outdoor book drops:
If you have a "hold" for a previous overdue item, please contact us to discuss your specific case.
Returning textbooks is currently by mail, not in person.
From the SCF Bookstore FAQ's: http://bkstr.scene7.com/is/content/Bkstr/COVID-FAQspdf:
If your campus store is closed, customers can ship rentals back to the store via a free FedEx return label.
U.S. Stores: Two ways to get a Rental Return Label:
1. Wait for the rental reminder email that is sent 14 days before your rental due date. Email is sent again 7 days, 3 days, and the day of your due date. This email contains a link to generate a free return shipping label and packing slip.
2. Or you can immediately generate a free return shipping label on this website [SCF Store website], in your account:
a. Click the Sign In link on the top right side of the page to sign into your account.
b. Enter the email address you provided at the register when you rented. Note: Even if you rented in the store, an account was created using the email you provided at the register.
c. Once you’ve signed in, click the link “Rentals”. You will be navigated to the Rentals page in your account.
d. On Rentals page, scroll down the page to see the books you rented. Click the link “Return All Rentals by Mail”. You can also click the button “Return by Mail”. Both open a pop up to select your rentals to ship back.
e. Follow the steps to generate and print the return label and packing slip. This option is available until your rental due date.
Having trouble using Teams for meetings or classes? Check out Teams Help.
The SCF Campuses in Venice and Bradenton have designated spots in the Parking Lot to get access to WiFi, for those who don't have Internet service.
Please check information on the SCF homepage about locations and hours of this special service.
These are stressful times. If you have a need for counseling, please reach out:
For questions, concerns or additional information about SCF activities, please contact the SCF Coronavirus Hotline at 941-752-5015.